As a Network Administrators, we use the Remote Desktop option for remote support — but sometimes Remote Desktop has been disabled on the remote computer and it needs to be restarted.
Because you (should) have administrator rights to the remote comptuer — you can restart the service remotely.
- Run Regedit
- Select File –> Connect Network registry
- Enter the name of the remote computer and select Check Name
- At the bottom of the registry tree you will see 2 Hives appear
Hkey_Users (under the remote computer’s name)
- Goto hklmsystemcurrentcontrolsetcontrolterminal serverFdenyTSConnection=1
- Change the FdenyTSConnection to 0
- Attempt to Re-Login