Microsoft’s Biometrics Attendance Terminal offers a terminal for tracking the time and attendance of individuals, based on a biometric fingerprint.
- Download & Install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (NOTE: The application downloads messages from an online SMS server SMSCountry into an MS access database.)
- Run installation program “ServerInstaller.msi”
- Run config file (eg. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Research\Biometrics Server\TB-Biometircs.exe)
- “emrPath” refers to the path of the MS access database where the records are downloaded.
- “userName”, “password”, “keyword” and “mobilenumber” refer to account details on SMSCountry.
- “fromDate” refers to the date from which the messages have to be downloaded.
- “lastSyncDate” refers to the date from which Reset Synchronization has to be done. This is to be updated only when ‘Reset Synchronize’ is being used.
- To start the application double click on the “Biometrics Server.exe” on desktop
- Download & Install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Download & Install DigitalPersona One Touch for Windows SDK 1.6.1
- Run installation program “Biometrics Client.msi”
- Run config file (eg. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Research\Biometric Client\TB-Biometircs.exe)
- Configure SMS Service – To start sending SMS records from the application modify the following parameters:
- smsServicePath – Path of the SMS service used.
- smsServiceArguments – Argument used by the SMS service for sending messages.
- smsConnectionArguments – Argument used by the SMS service for detecting a connected phone.
- smsServiceNumber – SMS is sent to this number.
- Configure Netbook Settings – Netbook Parameters
- netbookID – Set the appropriate netbookId. (Limitation: Maximum length – 3, Alphabets only, UpperCase)
- netbookType – Set the appropriate value (Provider or Counselor).
- center1 – Center associated with the netbookID (In case of Counselor netbook, it can be any one of the two centers).
- Center2 – Only required in case of Counselor netbook. The second center associated with the same Counselor.
- Exit the application
- Press <F1> and enter the exit code as specified in the configuration file by the parameter ‘exitCode’. (NOTES: You can set your own exitCode value. — You will not be able to shift focus from the application using usual key combinations like <Esc>, <Alt> + <Tab>.)