Microsoft has released their latest (and best) version of their Internet Explorer web browser.
- It’s all-around fast — hardware-accelerated text, video, and graphics speed up performance and make websites perform like programs that are installed on your computer.
- Streamlined and simplified design — gives you the basic controls you need and puts the focus on your websites.
- One-click access to your favorite sites — with Pinned Sites, you can get to your favorite sites directly from the Windows taskbar without having to open your browser first.
- A combined search and Address bar — one place to either navigate to a website or start a search.
- Redesigned New Tab page — now you have quick access to the sites you visit most often, and you can also reopen closed tabs or your last browsing session, or start an InPrivate Browsing session.
- Integration with Windows 7 — with Snap, Pinned Sites, Jump Lists, and thumbnail preview controls, Internet Explorer 9 and Windows 7 bring you the best web experience for Windows.
- Improved add-on management — Add-on Performance Advisor tells you if an add-on is slowing down your browser and allows you to disable or remove it, helping ensure that your browser stays fast over time.
- Helps control your privacy — Tracking Protection enables you to limit the browser’s communication with certain websites to help keep your information private.
- Keeps your downloads in order — Download Manager keeps a running list of the files you download from the Internet, notifies you if a file could be malicious, and allows you to pause and restart a download.
Download –> Internet Explorer 9
Bonus Download: Get the upgraded TweakIE9 for IE9 from ITKnowledge2. (Support: Documentation)
I have ie9 installed but have had a few problems in my wordpress backend. I found that pop ups for adding an image, etc do not work in ie9. Have you found a workaround?