There’s been a great deal of press recently regarding Facebook’s privacy (or lack of it!)
- EFF – Facebook Privacy Changes
- Wired – Facebook’s Gone RogueReclaimPrivacy – provides an independent and open tool for scanning your Facebook privacy settings. (Thanks Kurt!)Four Steps to Reclaim Your Facebook Privacy:
- Open Internet Explorer, Safari, or Chrome (FireFox currently has some issues)
- <Right-Click> –> ReclaimPrivacy selecting "Add to Favorites"
- Login & view your Facebook Privacy Settings
- While logged into Facebook, click (& run) the bookmark from Step #2
ReclaimPrivacy Results = You will see a series of privacy scans that inspect your privacy settings and warn you about settings that might be unexpectedly public.
Excellent and is recommended!