Microsoft MSDN Blogger, John Sullivan, mistakenly deleted an important Virtual Disk . . . and thanks to his misfortune, we all get to learn about the free MediaHeal tool John found to recover files from a damaged Virtual Disk (.vhd & .vmdk).
- MediaHeal for Virtual Drives recovers files from damaged virtual disks (.vhd, .vmdk). Repairs corrupted file systems (FAT, NTFS) of virtual drives. Restores data and allows using files without virtual machine. MediaHeal for Virtual Drives scans corrupted file system and creates a copy of the file system with files and folders in a new place.
- MediaHeal for Virtual Drives supports virtual disks created with Xen, Citrix XenSource (Citrix XenServer, Citrix Xen), VMDK disks created with QEMU and Sun xVM VirtualBox, binary disk or partition dump (RAW, IMG), VHD disks created with Microsoft VirtualPC, Sun xVM VirtualBox, VMDK disks created with VMware Workstation, VMware Player, VMware Server, VMware ESX Server.
- MediaHeal for Virtual Drives supports Virtual Hard Disk (*.vhd) fixed, differencing and dynamic type, Virtual Machine Disk Format (*.vmdk) monolithicSparse, monolithicFlat, twoGbMaxExtentSparse, twoGbMaxExtentFlat, vmfs, vmfsSparse, streamOptimized type, Xen Virtual Appliance VM Import Format (*.xva, *.ova) of compress and typical type.
- MediaHeal for Virtual Drives recovers Snapshot disks of Virtual Machine Disk format (VMDK).
- MediaHeal for Virtual Drives repairs corrupted file systems (FAT, NTFS) of virtual drives – FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS 1.0, NTFS 2.0 are supported.Download –> MediaHeal