One of my favorite multi-platform Windows IM Client Trillian, is now available in a Mac (Alpha) version.
This first public build covers important basic instant messaging features:
- Networks: Astra, Windows Live, Yahoo!, Facebook Chat, AIM, ICQ, XMPP, Google Talk, Bonjour, MySpaceIM.
- Contact list: identities, groups, MetaContacts, searching, drag-and-drop, inline renaming, avatars, service icons.
- Quick "click-to-type" nickname and status changes, including iTunes tracking.
- Standard Trillian iconholder and avatar display.
- Smart tabbed conversation windows (tabs on demand) with typing indicators, bubble view, emoticons, links.
- Login screen and support for multiple accounts.
- Basic preferences screen, connection manager, full suite of per-connection preferences.
- File transfers and a file transfer manager.
- Activity history framework – logs are being written to disk in standard Trillian format (XML, LOG).
- Support for most standard Mac hotkeys for flipping through windows, opening preferences, etc.
- Basic dock integration and badging.
- Auto update.What’s obviously missing right now, and what are we working on?
- Social network “feed” integration (Twitter, Facebook streams).
- Mail integration.
- Many major preferences and customization options – including things like list view, list size, and themes.
- Group conversations.
- Growl integration, “Status Item” support, and a general notification framework (think Win32 system tray stuff).
- Activity history viewer – you can’t view your logs yet, and there’s no auto-history in chat windows.
- Voice and video support.
- Setting your personal avatar.Download –> Trillian 1.0 Alpha for Mac