Automated Troubleshooting Services: Automatically detect and fix common maintenance problems such as broken desktop shortcuts, unused icons, disk volume errors, and incorrect system time display. (Thanks Chris)
How it works . . .
- Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Services scans your computer and detects the root causes of common problems, then
- Automatically fixes the problems that it finds, and
- Offers additional resources if the problem isn’t fixed
What it fixes . . .
- Problems with desktop shortcuts and icons– Shortcuts on the desktop don’t work or are broken
– Desktop icons are broken or have not been used in 3 months
– Startup items don’t work or are broken
- System maintenance tasks– Free up disk space by repairing disk volume errors such as bad sectors, lost clusters, cross-linked files and directory errors
– Free up disk space by removing error reports and troubleshooting history older than 1 month
– Set the correct system time and synchronize system clock with the time server
- You receive the following errors:– Windows update error 0x80072F8F
– The item that this shortcut refers to has been deleted
Click Here for –> Automated Troubleshooting Services
NOTE: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 users can access the built-in diagnostics by following the instructions below.
- Click Start, Control Panel
- In the Control Panel, click System and Security
- In the System and Security window, under Action Center, click Troubleshoot common computer problems
- In the Troubleshoot computer problems window, click a specific task to automatically diagnose and fix a problem. To view more troubleshooters, click a category.