Microsoft has begun releasing deployment resources for Office 2010:
- Deployment Options for Microsoft Office 2010 – describes and illustrates the client deployment methods for Microsoft Office 2010. Deployment options include network share, Group Policy startup scripts, managed deployment, and virtualization.
- Deploy Multilanguage Packs for Microsoft Office 2010 – describes and illustrates how to deploy multilanguage packs for Microsoft Office 2010. Elements include evaluation criteria, planning considerations, and deployment tasks.
- Deploy Office Web Apps – Office Web Apps are online companions to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft OneNote applications that allows users to access documents from anywhere. Users can view, share, and work on documents with others online across personal computers, mobile phones, and the Web. Office Web Apps are available to users through Windows Live and to business customers with Microsoft Office 2010 volume licensing and document management solutions based on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- 64-bit Client Installation of Microsoft Office 2010 – describes and illustrates the 64-bit client installation of Microsoft Office 2010. Elements include setup overview, processes, requirements, deployment considerations, and supported scenarios.
- Deploying Broadcast Slide Show – Broadcast Slide Show is a new capability in Microsoft Office 2010 that enables presenters to broadcast a slide show from PowerPoint 2010 to remote viewers who watch in a Web browser. Broadcast Slide Show provides companies with a low-infrastructure presentation broadcast capability that works through the Web. This paper provides a summary of this capability for SharePoint system administrators and IT managers and prepares them to effectively evaluate, plan for, and implement Broadcast Slide Show in their environments.