Create and assign a ringtone for your mobile phone using Windows 7 Device Stage – You can use your computer to create and save your own customized ringtones for your mobile phone.
To use the ringtone capabilities of Windows 7, your device must be compatible with Device Stage and support creating custom ringtones using Device Stage. You can create a ringtone in Device Stage from an existing sound file or from a new sound that you record on your computer. (Thanks Mithun)
To create a new ringtone:1) Turn on a compatible mobile phone, and then connect it to your computer.2) If Device Stage doesn’t open automatically when the device is connected, click the Start button , click Devices and Printers, and then double-click the device.3) Double-click Set ringtones in Device Stage.4) On the Choose a ringtone page, click Create new ringtone.5) On the Create a new ringtone page, choose one of these options:
- To create a ringtone from an existing sound file, click Open sound file, click OK in the Please respect copyrights of others message, browse to an existing sound file, and then click Open.
- To record a new ringtone, make sure that a recording device, such as a microphone, is connected to your computer, and then click Record. Begin recording the sound that you want to use as your ringtone, and then click Stop when you’re done recording.6) On the same Create a new ringtone page, do the following to select the part of the sound file to use as your ringtone, and then click Save.
- To preview the sound and hear what part will be used for your ringtone, click the Play button .
- Drag either edge of the selection area to choose the length of the ringtone.
- Drag the sound on the timeline to choose a different part to use as your ringtone. Click the Skip backward button or Skip forward button to select a previous or later part of the sound. The selected part will be used as your ringtone.
- If you want the sound to fade in or out when it plays, select the Fade in or Fade out check boxes.7) On the Choose a ringtone page, choose the ringtone that you just saved, and then specify how you want the ringtone to be used on your phone by selecting one of the options next to What would you like to do with this ringtone?