IBM and Microsoft have worked together to release an IBM-specific version of (MAP) Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit. (Thanks Matt)
IBM: "This release, based on the MAP Toolkit platform, was developed by IBM at the IBM Center for Microsoft Technologies to accelerate the adoption of server virtualization hardware including IBM System x and BladeCenter together with Microsoft’s Hyper-V virtualisation technology. Now customized for IBM, the MAP Toolkit allows more specific recommendations of IBM server hardware."Key Features:
- Quickly and easily take inventory of customer server environments, determine which servers are underutilised, and generate a plan for a virtual datacenter based on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V software
- Recommend IBM System x and BladeCenter servers as the ideal choice for customers’ virtualised environments
- Calculate potential savings and produce quantifiable benefits unique to each customer’s IT needs prior to deployment with Microsoft Virtualisation ROI Calculator integration
- Eliminate manual network assessment and virtualisation planning and help customers choose the right infrastructure the first time
- Auto-generate reports and proposals to speed the planning process.