Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 Beta 2 enables IT pros to efficiently and cost-effectively deploy Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 by unifying tools and best practices into a common deployment console and collection of guidance. Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) is the recommended process and toolset for automating desktop and server deployment. (Thanks TechNet)
MDT provides you with the following benefits:
- Unified tools and processes required for desktop and server deployment in a common deployment console and collection of guidance.
- Reduced deployment time and standardized desktop and server images, along with improved security and ongoing configuration management.
- Fully automated zero touch installation deployments by leveraging System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 beta and Windows deployment tools. For those without a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 infrastructure, MDT leverages Windows deployment tools for lite touch installation deployments.
- MDT 2010 will support deployment of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 in addition to deployment of Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP. New features such as flexible driver management, optimized user interface workflow, and Windows PowerShellTM can simplify deployment and make your job easier. Deploy faster and easier with MDT 2010.Improvements in MDT 2010 Beta 2 will allow you to:
- Access deployment shares from anywhere on the network and replicate files and settings across organizational boundaries or sites.
- Organize and manage drivers, operating systems, applications, packages, and task sequences with an improved UI.
- Automate UI functionality using the Windows PowerShellTM command line interface.
Click Here for All Free Windows 7 Software & Resources