Microsoft has released the second Alpha Test of their prototype "real time" language translation bot for Windows Live Messenger. (Simply add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts and invite Tbot to your conversations.)
The main differences between TBot and TBot 2 Alpha:
- TBot salutes you automatically without you having to type anything. TBot 2 Alpha requires a first message.
- TBot 2 Alpha does not have a display picture
- TBot 2 Alpha supports language auto detect as source language
- TBot 2 Alpha support any-to-any translations
- TBot’s “tbot stop” command just halted the translation; TBot 2 Alpha’s implementation kicks the bot out of the session (just like how “bot*bye” used to work)
- TBot 2 Alpha does not implement “tbot start”
- TBot 2 Alpha supports Polish (however the dialog messages are not perfect)
- TBot 2 Alpha restricts the use of the special commands – only the person that started the conversation can change languages.
Click Here for All Free Windows Live Software & Resources