With only a few days (May 5th) until "everyone" gets to evaluate Windows 7, Microsoft is releasing more (and more) free software, documentation and training resources:
- What’s New in Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) – This video walks you through some of the new and updated features in the Windows 7 Release Candidate.
- BranchCache Early Adopter’s Guide – Provides an overview of the BranchCache feature introduced in Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. After a thorough introduction of BranchCache and its modes of operation, the document describes BranchCache configuration. It then provides troubleshooting details and a list of tools to be used by BranchCache administrators.
- BranchCache Technical Overview – explains the different modes in which BranchCache operates, and describes how BranchCache is configured. The paper also explains how BranchCache works with Web servers and file servers and the steps BranchCache takes to determine that the content is up-to-date.
- DirectAccess Early Adopter’s Guide introduces DirectAccess concepts, defines new terms, explains requirements for installation, discusses how to design DirectAccess architecture, and then steps you through installation and deployment.
- Enterprise Search in Windows 7 Overview – This document outlines how Windows 7 provides users with an improved and seamless search experience across local and networked corporate data directly within Windows Explorer.
- Power Management in Windows 7 Overview provides an overview of the power management features in Windows 7. Discover how Windows 7 reduces power consumption and makes power management easier.
- Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Networking Enhancements for Enterprises – Describes networking features in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 including several that were developed to improve the productivity of mobile users and users at branch offices.
Click Here for All Free Windows 7 Software & Resources