Microsoft has released seven walkthrough screencasts to help learn Windows 7:
- AppLocker is a flexible, easily administered mechanism that enables IT professionals to specify exactly what is allowed to run on user desktops. It provides the flexibility to allow users to run the applications, installation programs, and scripts they need to be productive. Learn how you can realize the security, operational, and compliance benefits of application standardization by using AppLocker.
- BitLocker and BitLocker to Go — In Windows 7, core BitLocker Drive Encryption functionality is enhanced to deliver an improved experience for IT professionals and end users – from simple enhancements such as the ability to right-click on a drive to enable BitLocker protection to the automatic creation of the required hidden boot partition. Learn about these enhancements and the new BitLocker To Go, which gives system administrators control over how removable storage devices can be used and the strength of protection required.
- Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a new command-line tool for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. This demonstration explores how DISM consolidates the core image management functions of multiple tools found in the Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) and enables IT professionals to view components of an applied or mounted operating system image and add or remove packages, software updates, and drivers.
- Enterprise Application Compatibility — Explore enterprise application compatibility in Windows 7 with this video feature walkthrough shows how creating compatibility fixes for an incompatible application running in Windows Vista can be used on a Windows 7–based computer.
- PowerShell 2.0 can help increase the productivity of IT professionals by providing a powerful, complete scripting language to automate repetitive tasks and conduct remote troubleshooting. Explore how it delivers a growing set of cmdlets that can be used to manage Windows–based PCs and servers, and it can be easily extended.
- Problem Steps Recorder enables users to record their interactions with an application and provide a detailed screen-by-screen view with accompanying information. Learn how this feature works and how the recording can be used to quickly identify problems and help reduce time spent with the help desk.
- User State Migration Tool (USMT) provides fast and flexible options to migrate user profiles and data from one operating system to another. The new Hard-Link Migration feature highlighted in the demonstration can dramatically reduce migration time for in-place operating system migration or computer refresh scenarios.
Click Here for All Free Windows 7 Software & Resources