Microsoft’s Windows Server 2008 Foundation Network Guide provides instructions on how to plan and deploy the core components required for a fully functioning network and a new Active Directory domain in a new forest.Using this guide, you can deploy computers configured with the following Windows server components:
- The Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) server role
- The Domain Name System (DNS) server role
- The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server role
- The Network Policy Server (NPS) role service of the Network Policy and Access Services server role
- The Windows Internet Name Service (WINS) feature
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IP) connections on individual serversThis guide also serves as a foundation for companion guides that show you how to deploy additional network technologies in Windows Server 2008.
Click Here for All Free Windows Server 2008 Resources