Dan Cunningham has posted the third release canditate of his Workstation Migration Assistant 1.0 program.
BLAKE: Workstation Migration Assistant is a visual wrapper for the User State Migration Tool, designed to simplify the capture / restore process for your end-users.DAN: Hopefully the last bugfix release before I can bring out 1.0 Final.
Workstation Migration Assistant 1.0 RC3 (Build 53):
- Debug log is now included as part of SMTP mails if it is found
- Status label made bigger
- Better Logging around Pre/Post Migration Scripts and other logging improvementsFixes –
- Alternate Migration Location specified via Advanced Settings or /MIGFOLDER switch were not being used on Restore
- When a USB drive was chosen as the Datastore location, the C: drive was used instead
- Clicking No on failed Health Check would not proceed with the Migration
- MaxMigrationSize triggered error incorrectly reported as “Migration Cancelled”
- SMTP Mailing now gracefully skips if no Network Connection found (ie, USB mode)
- Health Check progress information was not being displayed on XP
- ERROR / WARNING dialogs were sometimes not displayed as the Foreground window
- SMTP Mailing exception handling improved
- Cosmetic fixes to Health Check debug output
Click Here for All Free Windows Vista Software