Gmail & Windows Mobile 6 – To configure IMAP for your Windows Mobile 6 device, just follow these steps:
- Enable IMAP in your Gmail account settings.
- Open the Start menu and select Programs > Messaging > New E-mail Account.
- Enter your Gmail username (including ‘@gmail.com’) in the E-mail Address field.
- Uncheck the box to get settings automatically from the Internet and select Next.
- Select Internet e-mail as your email provider in the drop-down menu.
- Enter your name as you want it to appear in sent emails.
- Enter a descriptive name for the email account and select Next.
- Enter ‘imap.gmail.com’ in the Incoming Mail Server field.
- Select IMAP4 as the Account type from the drop-down menu and select Next.
- Enter your Gmail username (including ‘@gmail.com’) and password.
- Select Next.
- Enter ‘smtp.gmail.com’ in the Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server field.
- Make sure that the Outgoing server requires authentication box is checked.
- Select the Advanced Server Settings link.
- Make sure that the Require SSL box is checked for both incoming and outgoing emails.
- Select The Internet as the network connection from the drop-down menu.
- Select Done and then Next.
- Select how often you want your phone to send/receive emails from the drop-down menu.
- For more download options, select the Review all download settings link.
- Select Finish.
Thanks PC World