Microsoft’s Solution Accelerators Team is expanding the Windows Vista Hardware Assessment 2.1 tool and renaming it Microsoft Assessment and Planning 3.0 (aka MAP).
MAP is an automated agent-less network-wide inventory and assessment tool that can quickly determine if your organization’s desktops and servers are ready for migration to Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.
New MAP 3.0 Features:
- Full incorporation of the features of Windows Vista Hardware Assessment including the generation of reports and proposals in 7 languages including N. American English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish and Portuguese
- Windows Server 2008 migration hardware assessment
- Windows server virtualization assessment (supports Virtual Server 2005 R2; will also add Hyper-V assessment in later this year)
- Application virtualization infrastructure assessment for Microsoft Application Virtualization (formerly SoftGrid)
- New Graphical User Interface