Microsoft’s Visio Toolbox is a collection of information, tools, downloads, case studies, support articles and white papers. (Thanks: Visio Team)
NEW VISIO 2007 SOFTWAREIconSet Builder provides a quick and easy way to create custom Icon Sets that you can use in the Data Graphics in your diagram. Just upload the images you want to use, then copy the resulting shape into your diagram or template. This copies in the icon set so that you can use it in other data graphics.Near Real Time Monitoring (NRTM) Connector of Disk Space uses the new Data Graphics feature of Visio 2007 to display the results of server monitoring. This application enables effective integration of Visio 2007 with the service management solution System Center Operations Manager 2007. The connector helps to view the results of monitoring servers as a clear, comprehensive Visio network diagram.NEW FREE VISIO TEMPLATES
- Audit Process – The Cross Functional Flowchart template enables users to create data linked dynamic drawings faster & easier than ever before.
- Factory Floor Assembly Plan – A sample diagram follows the path of the product being manufactured. The work flows from the machine shop to the pre-paint area, to the paint shop and finally to the packaging station.
- Fault Tree Analysis – This diagram shows the Fault Tree analysis of a systems failure. This type of diagram is a widely used methodology in system reliability and failure probability analysis. FTA diagrams are used to provide a graphical representation of the events that might lead to a failure so that the failure can be prevented.
- Help Desk Flow – Here you will see the six data collection points for this example help desk. Call volumes, wait times, and resolution rates are tracked at each point in the process. The diagram flows from left to right and top to bottom. Not every caller will experience each of the steps, if a problem is resolved by a Level One technician, then the caller does not progress to the Level Two technician.
- HVAC Controls – A simple Heating, Ventilation, and Air-conditioning control diagram.
- Insurance Claims by State – This diagram is a map of the US with the individual states shaded to represent insurance losses for the previous year.
- Investment Analysis Report – A year to date summary of the funds in the account covering account balances and performance, and comparing it to S&P 500 returns. Allowing you to visually show where each fund lies on a risk vs. return axis while at the same time showing the asset allocation in each fund, this is represented by the relative size of the purple background shape for each fund.
- Loan Consolidation Process – This seven page diagram provides an overview page, showing the overall status of each department. The other six pages show department specific details.
- Military Organization Chart – A standard organization chart. It details the commanding officers and their direct reports. In addition to the standard Orgchart information of name and title, this diagram also utilizes the addition display fields now available in Visio 2007.
- Network Equipment Rack – A server room floor plan showing the location of the equipment racks and location of the computer equipment in the room. Corresponding pages show a front view of the network equipment racks and the details of the computers on the racks.
- Office Space Planning – An overhead view of an office layout. Each office and cubical is shown and has detailed information on the occupant, including Office Number, Occupant, Department, Title and phone number.
- PC Assembly Process Flow – Reviewing the four major stages of computer assembly. The diagram is in the form of a flowchart showing the parts of the PC being put together. In this case the boxes of a standard flowchart have been replaced with the detailed PC parts to show that manufacturing companies can replace the boxes with parts diagrams.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Pivot Diagrams – The PivotDiagram enables users to create data linked dynamic drawings.
- Supply Chain Analysis – This diagram shows part of the Supply Chain of a motorcycle manufacture. This type of diagram is used to analyze the costs and time associated with shipping parts and sub assemblies between suppliers and manufactures.
- Value Stream Mapping – Review a value steam map for the fictional K Soda company. This diagram allows you to see at a glance the number of shifts, uptime, and inventory hours each process has.
Click Here for All Free Microsoft Office 2007 Software