When Microsoft first released Windows, people only "understood" running different DOS programs in separate Windows. It wasn’t until programs were actually written FOR Windows that you could begin doing tasks like cutting-and-pasting between programs; all with the same familar look-n-feel.
Today, people are asking: "What’s so special about Windows Vista?" Some mistakenly think Vista is simply Windows XP with "eye-candy". Well obvoiusly that is not the case as we take a glimpse at the next generation software packages.
NEWS-READERS: If anything can revive sagging Newspaper sales, it’s these new news-readers. You’ll find the text & graphics so beautiful, you’ll be compelled to read on-and-on . . .
And just when you thought that nothing could look nicer than reading the New York Times — you’ll be giddy (yes, giddy) turning the 3D pages of historic books from the British Library website!UPDATED INSTANT MESSAGING:MUST TRY PROGRAMS:
- Chess in 3D
- Cine.View for Netflix Movie Rentals
- Google Desktop Search with upgraded Sidebar Gadgets
- iBloks – Mix. Share. Play Videos in 3D
- MSN Game Zone for Windows Vista
- Nostalgia for Yahoo’s Flickr Picture Sharing Service
- NoteScraps "Post-It" Information Manager
- Roxio Central is a beautiful, sleek, user interface for managing digital media
- Thoughtex.Net mind-mapping software captures "brainstorming" ideas.
- Wikipedia 3D ExplorerMUST SEE WEBSITES:
NOTE: These programs will also run on Windows XP if .Net 3.0 is installed.