The blogging world is buzzing about the discovery that you CAN perform a "clean" installation of Windows Vista from an Upgrade version!
- Boot Windows Vista Upgrade DVD
- Click "Install Now"
- Do not enter Product Key, which installs the 30-day trial
- Select the Windows Vista "upgrade" version you actually purchased
- Complete Windows Vista installation
- When Windows Vista launches, reinsert the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD and launch setup.
- Perform an in-place upgrade
- NOW enter your Product Key
OPINION: In the future Microsoft will reconcile all Windows Vista Upgrade serial numbers not associated with a Windows XP serial number during the Vista upgrade process. My advice? Don’t do it . . .