Windows PowerShell 1.0 Release Candidate 2 is Microsoft’s Next-Generation task-based command line shell and scripting language for system administration that provides comprehensive control and automation for Windows desktops and servers.
Key PowerShell Features:
- One hundred and twenty nine standard utilities (called "cmdlets") for completing common system administration tasks such as working with the registry, services, processes, Windows Management Instrumentation, event logs, etc..
- Intuitive, task-based scripting language and support for existing scripts and command line tools..
- Designed for consistency so all tools and system data stores follow a common syntax, common naming conventions and information can be easily shared/piped between tools.
- Simplified command-based navigation of the operating system (including drives, startup files, and registry).
- Powerful object manipulation capabilities (objects can be directly manipulated or pipelined to other tools or databases).
- Designed for extensibility so that independent software vendors and enterprise developers can easily build custom tools and utilities to administer their software.
Download PowerShell 1.0 RC2 Versions Here:PowerShell Language-Neutral PackagesPowerShell Multilingual Interface PackagesPowerShell Localized Update Packages (Chinese Simplified & Traditional, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish)
- Windows PowerShell RC1 Documentation Pack ("Getting Started Guide", the "PowerShell User Guide" and "TracingQuickStart")
- PowerShell F.A.Q.
- PowerShell Home Page
- PowerShell Newsgroup
- PowerShell Team Blog
- Webcasts – Getting Started, Advanced Command Line Scripting