Microsoft’s Digital Locker Technical Beta is a new way to try, buy, and download software instantly.
- Choose your software: Browse Windows Marketplace Labs and choose from a wide variety of software from hundreds of retailers. Every title you purchase is available for instant downloading and many are available to try before you buy.
- Get an Account: Your digital locker account works with your Passport and will enable you to securely manage your personal information including billing, software, purchase details, and communication preferences. It also provides easy access to support for the products you’ve purchased.
- Start Shopping: Digital locker allows purchasing software from multiple retailers in one simple transaction. The digital locker securely transmits your billing information to each retailer to complete your purchase.
- Download: With your digital locker and the digital locker assistant, you can download and install the products you have purchased on Windows Marketplace, make backup CDs, and view your software licenses.
- Install & Manage: Your digital locker contains all the information about the software you have obtained through your purchase. So it’s easy to access your license information to reinstall your software or to get assistance from the software retailer.