When Microsoft’s Stephen Toub’s obsession with Sudoku “forced” him to write a version for his TabletPC, it was quickly added into Microsoft’s new Ultra-Mobile PC’s Touch Pack. Now Microsoft has Stephen’s solution available as a download.
Microsoft Sudoku: Optimizing UMPC Applications for Touch and Ink This article closely examines Stephen Toub’s Tablet PC-based implementation of Sudoku. It is the same implementation in the Touch Pack, a software package that comes preinstalled on ultra-mobile PCs (UMPCs). The article details the algorithmic aspects of implementing a Sudoku game, in addition to the specific details that help you implement other applications designed for Tablet PC and UMPC. (Requires: Tablet PC SDK v 1.7) – Support MSDN DocumentEven More FREE Microsoft Sudoku Resources:
- Stephen Toub’s Sudoku on a non-Tablet PC
- Brad Abrams’ Sudoku solver in C#
- Samuel Aina’s Solving Sudoku with SQL
- Robert Burke’s Sudoku Solver Web Service
- Kumar Gaurav Khanna’s WS-Sudoku
- Dino’s “Re-use of existing Java code (Sudoku engine)”
- Matt Winkle’s Sudoku Validator (Part 1) "Rules and Collections"