Microsoft’s Windows Desktop Search keeps getting better & better with each new version, and the addition of these add-ins.
- MSG iFilter Add-in to Windows Desktop Search – This iFilter allows you to perform a search on all elements of your Outlook MSG (.MSG) files including Message Body; Subject; From; From Name; From Address; To Name; To Address; CC Name; CC Address; Doc Title Prefix; Sent Date; Received Date; Primary Date; Conversation ID; Attachment Names and will indicate if an attachment is present within the .MSG. Additionally, content within attachments are indexed and searched. (Support Document: KB917402)
- Add-in for Lotus Notes developed by MSN – This Protocol Handler allows you to easily find your Lotus Notes e-mail and search the contents within.
Windows Desktop Search Resources:
- MSN Search Toolbar with Windows Desktop Search, tabbed browsing, pop-up blocker and automatic form fill. (Support Document: Administration Guide & KB911993)
- Desktop Search – Enterprise Edition – The latest version of Windows Desktop Search (WDS) is optimized with features that help the enterprise IT manager easily customize, deploy and manage the installation of desktop search across all users and computers in their organization. (Support Document: Administrator Guide & Developer’s Guide)
Bonus 3rd Party Add-in:
- Adobe PDF iFilter is designed for technically savvy users or administrators who wish to index Adobe PDF documents with Microsoft indexing clients. This allows the user to easily search for text within Adobe PDF documents.