I’ve enjoyed reading the many internal Microsoft blogs this past year, and look forward to an exciting 2006 – with a few improvements.
- More quality, less quantity.
- Write more original articles about your insights and personal experiences.
- Stop reposting Microsoft’s marketing material; our RSS Readers go crazy with all of your identical postings.
- Stop reposting information outside your department’s purview. Again, our RSS Readers go crazy with all of your identical postings.
- If you do repost Microsoft’s marketing information – add “something” to the article (i.e. your opinion, additional links & resources, your department’s role).
- With the exception of Ray Ozzie – allow comments and/or a (valid) contact email address.
- Complete the list of your favorite Web Links & Blogs you read.
- Complete the list of links to your Team Blog along with the individual people on your team.
- Participate in commenting on blogs outside of your own MSDN & TechNet communities.
- Have a wonderful 2006!