Microsoft’s Senior Vice President, Bill Veghte has published "An Update on the Windows Roadmap" for the more than 1 billion Windows users.
QUICK RECAP:The Future of Windows XP:
- End of RETAIL Sales = June 30, 2008
- End of Support = Until April 2014
- Windows XP will still be available as "downgrade rights"
- Windows XP Home and Windows XP Starter (low-end PCs) available until January 31, 2009About Windows Vista:
- Window Vista is more secure than Windows XP (duh!)
- 60% less likely of being infected with malware compared with Windows XP SP2
- Internet Explorer 7 stops ~ 1 million phishing attempts every week
- Service Pack 1 includes no new features, but hundreds of small quality and performance improvements
- Many updated applications, drivers and tools improve user experienceAbout Windows 7:
- Working name for the next release of Microsoft Windows
- Available approximately 3 years after the launch of Windows Vista on January 2007
- Built on the core infrastructure of Windows Vista, so there will be less compatibility issues when upgrading (as Windows XP to Windows Vista)